The following are the strategic actions identified in view of meeting our strategic objectives:
• Developing and supporting projects that alleviate poverty in rural communities by improving the sustainable management of natural resources, increase rural production and productivity and strengthen community organizations to help design their own long term initiatives and strategies.
• Supporting the development of capacity in the region to respond to environmental issues through environmental education and training activities.
• Strengthening local environmental activists and associations to become more organised and active in addressing sustainable development issues by facilitating and encouraging collective voice and action, networking, information exchange, research and development initiatives;
• Building the capacity of local development actors including the public sector in the region to manage and protect the environment in a manner that ensures both local and global benefits;
• Promoting community action in the field of sustainable development and environmental conservation by supporting small and medium scale projects which empower local communities to develop their own solutions to their environmental and development challenges;
• Designing and implementing climate-smart projects (climate change adaptation and mitigation projects) that enhance ecosystem services, household food security and levels of income and health conditions of the local communities resilient to climate change.
• Resources mobilization for support of projects that alleviate poverty in rural communities by improving the sustainable management of natural resources, increasing rural production and productivity and strengthening community organizations to help design their own long term initiatives and strategies.