AEPA's mission is promoting sustainable development, mitigating and adapting to climate change, enhancing ecosystem services, fostering sustainable socioeconomic development, and improving human health and well-being. To realize its mission, AEPA invests in:
• Capacity Building: undertake holistic capacity building activities with a view to:
(1) create environmentally-conscious community and inspire environmental stewardship (awareness),
(2) enhance uptake of conservation innovations and skills to implement them (know-how); and
(3) enhance collective voice for environment.
• Field Implementation: community-based actions that support conservation and enhancement of environmental services while improving livelihoods.
• Networking and Partnerships: fostering collaborative engagement and partnerships.
• Knowledge Management and Advocacy: Building models for scale and influence policy and practice.